Friday, September 1, 2017

Hurricane Harvey. Where to Donate. How to Help.

Hurricane Harvey. Where to Donate. How to Help.
September 1, 2017
Julianne Shenk
JBS Nonprofit Consulting

I live in Texas. Specifically, Austin.
My brother lives in Houston.
My best friend lives on Galveston Island. Her family lives in Dickinson.
My niece and her husband live in Houston.
My son’s college roommates live in Houston.
Our good friends live in Katy.

The list goes on.

How can you help?  I could write paragraphs and paragraphs, but I really feel the easiest way is to just directly link pages of information and agencies.  Some of the links provide good tips for donating.

**PLEASE be wary of GoFundMe campaigns for Hurricane Harvey. Do not donate unless you personally know the individuals running the campaign. Unfortunately, in times of crisis and natural disasters, people pray on the generous. There are dozens of reputable agencies (see links below) that will get the funds to those on need.**

Please help if you can.







6.     For the Gamers out there: http://nerdist.com/charity-stream-hurricane-harvey/





I know that there are countless articles, but these are some of the most recent. As always, take a few minutes to read the articles, research the agency and make an informed decision.

Thank you for your time and helping the state of Texas. We are Texas proud and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment